Dear Regency Park Homeowners,
Your HOA Board is honored to manage our association, we will continue to support the operations of our community through this challenging time. As COVID-19 continues to spread, our thoughts go out to anyone who has been infected or impacted. I hope that your family and friends are safe, well and taking the necessary precautions to keep safe.
The highest priority is the safety of our community. We also have the goal of ensuring the work of the community continues during these difficult days so that our neighborhood continues to be a great place to live.
Some of the biggest questions the board members and managers have faced during the COVID-19 pandemic and reopening phases have centered around the pool. Is it (or will it) open? Why isn’t it open? Why haven’t my assessments decreased if the pool is closed? The answers behind these questions are complicated. Your HOA must consider guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, state and local requirements, our ability to set and enforce rules, liability, resident sentiment, safety, expenses, and more.
It has not been easy, but we have all been working hard to stay healthy and get back to some sense of normalcy during the COVID-19 pandemic. The board is continually evaluating the status of association common areas, amenities, and operations with help from the association manager, attorney, and insurance provider. Based on the reopening plans issued by the state/county/health department, our community reopened the pool and tennis court early September. Signs have been posted advising homeowners they are using the pool at their own risk.
HOA Board Mission:
Represent our homeowners and the Community interests by taking appropriate actions consistent with the governing
documents of our Association. We will manage the common areas; enforce the rules of our bylaws, support initiatives
and improvements that benefit the community.
Improvement projects completed by the board in 2020 are,
1. The Pool bathrooms were at least 23 years old and in need of a complete renovation, everything was replaced. The floors were epoxied, walls painted, new stainless-steel stalls, mirrors, trash cans, soap and paper dispensers were installed also new toilets, counters, sinks, fixtures, and lighting.
2. Redesigned plant beds with new plants and mulched throughout the front of the community through to pool area
3. Raised all tree canopies around all nine ponds in the community and in front of pool cabana.
4. Replaced two Crepe Myrtle trees on Boca Woods Drive.
5. Installed community message board
6. Repainted crosswalk at community entrance
7. Painted pool cabana
8. Seal coat pool parking lot
9. Coordinated with county to have street signs straightened or replaced if missing
10. Removed all trees that were dead and in danger of damaging property
11. Various other maintenance items
A special thanks to Frank Webb who project managed the lion’s share of these projects
Improvement projects planned for 2021 are,
1. Redesign Entrance walls
2. Replace bicycle rack at pool area
3. Install hydraulic gate closures on pool and tennis court gates
4. Clean up the trunk of all palm trees
5. Install St. Augustine sod in heavily weeds common areas
We will continue to maintain and improve all common areas for the benefit of our community.
Your board would like to thank you for your continued support. We look forward to continuing serving the community.
Happy Holidays!! From your board: Annetta Alfred, Emily Lacy, Lauren Lulich, Halford Skinner and Frank Webb